We hope you will come away understanding a bit of what it may be like to be a refugee and what you can do to help. All are welcome to participate!
- Listen to Majd, a young Syrian now living in Calgary and working for Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. He will talk about refugee sponsorship, cultural considerations, some of the feelings refugees experience and how to relate to those who have recently moved to Canada as refugees.
- Learn about the sponsorships that Altadore Baptist Church is helping with.
- Hear Pastor Kevin share why it is important for Christians to lead the world in demonstrating love to those displaced by tragedy and war.
- Make and sample an easy Middle Eastern snack.
- Watch video clips: "A young Syrian girl’s life as a refugee" and "On board an armed smugglers' boat with Iraqi and Syrian refugees".
- Participate in interactive "Choose your own Syrian escape route".
- Learn about the rights that refugees may not have.
- Take home ideas on ways you can help refugees from all countries.
Sunday School is available for children from ages 6-12. As well, we offer preschool classes for toilet trained children from ages 3-6 and nursery for children 3 and under. For more information or if you have questions, please call the church office at 403.243.4304.